Be yourself and bring your best ideas as a Technician – Drying Room (Cannabis Cultivation)
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
This position operates alongside the Drying lead(s) to ensure the production of the highest quality dry flower available. Follows established policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks. Supports techniques and practices in the Drying Room(s) to ensure high quality flower is being processed. Maintains the integrity of drying areas and supports the production of medical cannabis.
- Production – Maintain the health and wellness of the cannabis flower. Support and perform drying operations.
- Reporting to Drying lead(s) any issues found with flower that is harvested or is drying incorrectly.
- Transfer harvested flower to drying racks in a timely manner
- Scouting all trays and racks in the drying space to ensure healthy flower is being dried in the space.
- Rotating drying racks on time to ensure a proper dry down on the cannabis flower
- Monitoring moisture content of flower and reporting to lead(s) when the product is ready to come off racks
- Assist the Drying Room Lead(s) with overall upkeep of the lab including daily cleaning.
- Sanitizing and cleaning the drying space including trays, racks, floors and equipment.
- Prior cannabis experience is preferred
- Regular attendance at scheduled hours is expected and is considered essential for drying room operations
- Weekend availability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals; ability to identify problems quickly.
- Accurate record keeping
- Self-motivated to perform tasks given on a weekly or daily basis.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The ability to be able to be in constant standing/moving position.
- The ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing, and squatting.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear.
- The ability to ascend/descend a ladder.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility