- Tissue Culture Lab Technician II
- Location: Ben Bostic
- Reporting to: Tissue Culture Manager
- Position Summary:
This position will be responsible for general lab duties and executing methodologies for plant tissue culture and micropropagation cloning activities.
- Perform tissue culture and micropropagation methodologies for mass scale clone production.
- Help execute cultivation methods for efficient, high-throughput propagation.
- Maintain a clean laboratory area and follow cleaning procedures.
- Work with the production manager and lab supervisor to troubleshoot problems in the propagation pipeline and develop effective solutions.
- Use of autoclave, centrifuge, incubator, laminar flow hood, analytical balances.
- Operation of laboratory equipment in a safe manner.
- Input information in the Lims daily.
- Support and training of lab technicians.
- Minimum Requirements
- Ability to take instruction, follow protocols, willingness to learn new skills, and detail oriented
- Experience producing clones in commercial nursery
- Working familiarity with electronic inventory management systems
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- 1 year experience in plant tissue culture, nursery production, plant propagation, in a sterile laboratory setting or some combination thereof is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to perform delicate work with small hand tools for long periods of time.
Full-Time Hourly employee
Tissue Culture Lab Technician II