Job Title: Tissue Culture Lab Technician
Reports to: Tissue Culture Specialist.
Location: Quincy, FL
The Tissue Culture Lab Technician position will have cross-departmental collaboration and be involved in both R&D and production functions. The Tissue culture lab technician will report to the Tissue Culture Specialist.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination of procurement, multiplication, and movement of R&D plant material.
- Ensures traceability of tissue culture R&D Processes through proper documentation practices as prescribed by Trulieve R&D SOPs.
- Track tissue culture inventory management.
- Follow Tissue Culture SOPs and Standard Work Instructions.
- Follow PCR SOPs and Standard Work Instructions.
- Follow the direction of Tissue Culture Specialist.
- Facilitate continual research and new developments in tissue culture, micro-propagation, and genetics to improve lab procedures and productivity.
- Coordinate with external lab testing.
- Work with consultants and outside academic sources.
- Attend weekly meetings, track performance KPIs, and provide weekly report to Tissue Culture Specialist
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Horticulture, Botany, or relatable discipline.
- Laboratory experience.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Willingness to learn and seek out new methodologies and knowledge sources.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace