Job Title: Tissue Culture Manager
Reports to: Sr. Plant Health Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Exempt
Location: Quincy, FL
The Tissue Culture Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of micropropagation via Tissue Culture operations. The Tissue Culture manager will lead and supervise a team of technicians and work with cultivation to support transport and inventory of plantlets. The Tissue Culture manager will directly direct the day-to-day tasks of media preparation, initiating cultures, maintaining the mother stock, transfers and multiplication, record keeping, cleaning the laboratory, and maintaining the equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination of procurement, multiplication, and movement of plant material.
- Ensures traceability of tissue culture processes through proper documentation practices as prescribed by Trulieve TC SOPs.
- Track tissue culture inventory management and distribution of plant material.
- Maintain Tissue Culture SOPs and Standard Work Instructions.
- Provide direction and supervision for Tissue Culture Technicians.
- Continually research new developments in tissue culture, micro-propagation, and genetics to improve lab procedures and productivity and report discoveries and procedural change to R&D.
- Coordinate with external lab testing.
- Work with consultants and outside sources.
- Attend weekly meetings, track performance KPIs, and provide weekly report to cultivation leadership.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think critically and independently.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Willingness to learn and seek out new methodologies and knowledge sources.
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Horticulture, Botany, or relatable discipline.
- 2+ year tissue culture experience.
- 2+ years direct management or supervisory experience.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace