Training and Communication Coordinator – Surterra – Tampa, FL
If you are driven to meet associate’s needs through learning and communication, and thrive on making things work better through technology, we want you on our team. We are recruiting an energetic professional to work as Surterra’s Training & Communications Coordinator. You fit best in this role if you are often described with traits that include: customer-centered, technologically savvy, inquisitive, discerning, analytical, agile, detail oriented, organized, creative designer, natural documenter and a quick learner.
This Coordinator position is perfect for someone who is eager to manage a set of technologies that support learning and communications, as well as develop training materials and design company communications. The role provides an excellent opportunity to grow into e-learning development in support team projects and learn to use development tools like Articulate 360, Edapp, and Vyond.
A meaningful connection to the work, the flexibility to change gears on a moment’s notice, along with the ability to work both independently and within a team, are critical for success in this position. Surterra is a fast-growing business in an industry that is booming. We often say that we’re building the plane as we’re flying it. If that sounds adventurous rather than nerve wracking, we hope you’ll share your talents with us.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learning Management System (LMS) administration (Litmos)
- Analyzes learner data and creates useful reports for management
- Intranet/communication channel administration (Beekeeper)
- Tracks user engagement, curates content
- Troubleshoots user difficulties in both systems
- Writes company and team communications
- Creates useful, marketing styled visuals for communications (infographics, etc.)
- Coordinates team projects (Wrike)
- Develops training materials to include job aids, videos and e-learning using Microsoft Office, Articulate 360, Edapp, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Vyond
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Customer-centered, learner advocate
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Organized and detail oriented
- Advanced technical skills
- Solid grasp of adult learning principles
- Ability to write concise, easy to follow written instruction
- Persuasive and concise writing with an internal marketing flair
- Compelling visual design skills
- Interpersonal communication skills that represent Human Resources as supportive and cooperative
- Preferred: Bi-lingual (Spanish)
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Surterra provides health care benefits insurance to its employees
- Surterra provides company Holidays; typically 10-12 days a year as well as vacation
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work
8 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.