Job Title: Transportation Team Lead – Quincy
Location: Midway/Quincy, FL
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Transportation Team Lead will assist the Supervisor to assign drivers and oversee the day to day operations of the transportation department. They will ensure assigned tasks and responsibilities are completed timely and efficiently while maintaining safety. They will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a daily basis inspect all vehicles and ensure all lights, windshield wipers, and other safety equipment are in-place and working properly
- Ensure all required vehicle maintenance is completed in a timely manner and logged as appropriate
- Ensure all transportation manifests are properly generated, carried in the appropriate vehicles while active product is being transported, and properly documented upon completion
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned after each trip and disinfected when applicable.
- The team leader will provide hands-on training for all new drivers to ensure they are familiar with Trulieve driver safety and professionalism expectations while on the road, at dispensaries and amongst the various grow and processing facilities are met. The training shall include: timeliness, transportation documentation, and proper communication with our dispensary customers.
- Ensure that all DOT and DOH regulations are adhered to at all times
- Consistently communicate transport status between various departments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven working experience in the field relating to transportation and logistics
- Prior leadership experience with the ability to professionally complete objectives
- Must have a valid driver’s license along with a good driving record (no violations) record
- CDL license strongly preferred
- Must have complete open availability as this position often requires last-minute shifts with irregular hours
- Prior experience operating commercial box trucks and refrigeration systems
- Ability to drive in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Possess the ability to professionally and respectfully engage with personnel, visitors, government agencies and the general public.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Florida Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Familiarity with DOT regulations
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Florida Drivers License, CDL Strongly preferred
40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays