The Transporter has the responsibility of packaging, loading, properly manifesting, securing, and safely delivering materials and products to VidaCann facilities throughout the state of Florida. The transporter must be organized, efficient and professional at all times while ensuring deliveries are made accurately and on time. This position, at times, will also provide support to facility staff as needed. Physical strength, stamina, and a clean driving record are required.
Job Summary and Responsibilities :
- Transport and deliver materials and products to various facilities throughout the state of Florida.
- Help create, load and verify packaged orders and transportation manifests according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain all manifests, records, and associated paperwork.
- Develop relationships with staff and provide exemplary service.
- Create and abide by the most efficient route plans for delivery.
- Oversee and assist with company delivery vehicle maintenance.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be deadline driven.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
- Always keep vehicle organized, clean and tidy.
- Read maps or set GPS to determine and track daily route.
- Maintain ongoing communication with dispatcher.
- Unload goods as per company’s specifications.
- Ability to pass all required background checks to work with cannabis
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the demands of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Perform other related work as required.
Job Requirements :
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
- Additional certifications or licenses related to delivery driving or driver safety is desirable.
- Valid Florida Driver’s License and immaculate driving record.
- 2+ years of experience as a delivery driver. Experience with customer service, invoice handling, and cash handling is also preferred.
- Detail oriented and quality focused with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day.
- Must be capable for driving over the course of several hours at a time.
- Must have a clean driving record and must be committed to safety, vigilance, and defensive driving practices.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media.
- Strong decision-making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Able to adapt in a quick and positive manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and drive for extended periods several hours every day. Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Able to work 7 days a week and evening shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will drive for extended periods and potentially be exposed to outdoor conditions.
Required licenses or certifications:
Valid Florida Driver License
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Delivery: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Analysis Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clean Driving Record: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Jacksonville, FL 32216 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 100% (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- 12 hour shift