Fluent is a premier medical cannabis company, with cultivation, processing and retail locations in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment, with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions. Our goal is to inspire, lead, trust and deliver on what we say we are going to do.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Trimmers are responsible for cutting and preparing the cannabis flowers grown inside and outside the greenhouse. They must be able to process the raw material and prepare it for the extraction of the oil. The pruner must be self-sufficient, focused on obtaining results and know how to solve problems with minimal supervision. The pruners are responsible for completing the tasks and maintaining the grounds and plants according to the indications and standards of Knox Medical. The ideal candidate can anticipate difficulties or delays. This position works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity and acts with professional respect to the management and use of all production facilities and processing equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the proper use of processing equipment.
- Be engaged in propagating, cultivating, harvesting and picking and packing product.
- Responsible for pruning cannabis flowers properly and meticulously without damaging them; cloning, trimming, weeding, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping, and loading.
- Pruning the leaf, harvesting, dissecting, adjusting, curing, packaging, labeling, registration, product inspection as well as cleaning and sanitation.
- Inform the direct supervisor if a possible delay or danger occurs with the pruning process.
- Transport the harvested plants to the drying process.
- Able to operate the clipping machines.
- Examine plants for signs of pests or diseases.
- Weigh, sort, pack, label, record and track medicinal cannabis plants for distribution.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the Processing Manager and the management team.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies including compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols, the dress code and work schedule.
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area, all staging areas and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure
- Participate in harvest and processing if needed.
- Use, maintain, and operate equipment in the facility.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols and dress code.
- Frequently lifts, carries, or positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- 1 year of Trimming Experience.
- Experience in the horticulture or agriculture industry
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Must be willing to work some weekends.
- Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- General knowledge of weights and measures.
- Can lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand for a long time, walk during the scheduled shift.
Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus.
Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes.
Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email.
Knowledge and the ability to properly trim the plant to the required specifications without damage.
Must show great attention to detail regarding proper vegetation removal as needed.
Ability to stay focused while performing repetitive task.
Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off program.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- trimming: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cultivation: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Winter Garden, FL (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance