Trimmer – Fluent – Winter Garden, FL
Fluent is a premier medical cannabis company, with cultivation, processing and retail locations in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment, with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent l and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions. Our goal is to inspire, lead, trust and deliver on what we say we are going to do.
Find out more at www.knoxmedical.com. Follow us on LinkedIn
The Trimmers are responsible for cutting and preparing the cannabis flowers grown inside and outside the greenhouse. They must be able to process the raw material and prepare it for the extraction of the oil. The pruner must be self-sufficient, focused on obtaining results and know how to solve problems with minimal supervision. The pruners are responsible for completing the tasks and maintaining the grounds and plants according to the indications and standards of Knox Medical. The ideal candidate can anticipate difficulties or delays. This position works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity and acts with professional respect to the management and use of all production facilities and processing equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the proper use of processing equipment.
- Be engaged in propagating, cultivating, harvesting and picking and packing product.
- Responsible for pruning cannabis flowers properly and meticulously without damaging them; weeding, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping, and loading.
- Pruning the leaf, harvesting, dissecting, adjusting, curing, packaging, labeling, registration, product inspection as well as cleaning and sanitation.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Inform the direct supervisor if a possible delay or danger occurs with the pruning process.
- Transport the harvested plants to the drying process.
- Able to operate the clipping machines.
- Examine plants for signs of pests or diseases.
- Weigh, pack, label, record and track medicinal cannabis plants for distribution.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the Processing Manager and the management team.
- Ensure the daily compliance policies including compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols, the dress code and work schedule.
- 1 year of Trimming Experience.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Must be willing to work some weekends.
- General knowledge of weights and measures.
- Can lift at least 50lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand for a long time, walk during the scheduled shift.
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus.
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email.
- Knowledge and the ability to properly trim the plant to the required specifications without damage.
- Must show great attention to detail regarding proper vegetation removal as needed.
- Ability to stay focused while performing repetitive task.
- Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
*Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include EHC, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off program.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.*
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Agriculture: 3 years (Preferred)
- Trimming: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Winter Garden, FL (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance