Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Veg Room Supervisor is responsible for oversight of plant health and maintenance of all vegging plants within the designated veg room(s). This role will support and supervise Cultivation Technicians within their department while supporting the Cultivation Manager with daily operations. The Veg Room Supervisor is a motivated, dependable, detail oriented person, responsible for growing top quality plants in accordance with company policies and procedures, and all production parameters.
· Responsible for learning the needs of each crop including feeding, canopy work, and spraying plants.
· Maintain plant health to meet the company’s standards.
· Work independently and perform work in accordance with team and company goals.
· Monitor plant development and environmental parameters to prevent development of pathogens or pests.
· Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets and OSHA policies and procedures.
· Scout for insect, disease, and nutrient deficiencies.
· Gather required data and maintain accurate recordkeeping.
· Oversee the day by day growing aspects according to management’s direction.
· Maintain appropriate irrigation and fertilization frequency.
· Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area, all staging areas and facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
· Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
· Use, maintain, and operate department related equipment within the facility.
· Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols and dress code.
· 2 years or more in a hands-on cultivation role.
· Experience in the horticulture or agriculture industry, a plus.
· Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the cultivation operation.
· Passion for plant life and care.
· Ability to work both in a team and independently.
· Capable of frequent and repetitive hand movements.
· Ability to sit, kneel, twist, bend and stand for a long time, and frequently walk during the scheduled shift
· Must be able to do repetitive lifting of up 50lbs, unassisted.
· Ability to accurately follow multi-layered instructions
Self-driven, hard-working, and able to communicate effectively
High degree of flexibility, with a strong work ethic
Effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines
Excellent organizational skills
Strong team player
Willingness to learn and develop
Ability to climb, squat, bend, twist, and stand for long periods of time
Able to work in environment with varying temperatures
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
This position has some supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. Must be able to individually lift up to 25 lbs. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
6:00am – 3:00pm M – F
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent.
2 years cultivation or commercial garden experience
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
1+ year commercial agriculture or cannabis experience, a plus
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- cultivation or commercial garden: 2 years (Preferred)
- commercial agriculture: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative