Vice President of Retail Sales – Curaleaf – Miami, FL
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
The VP of Retail Sales is responsible for leading multiple dispensaries in Florida. Reporting to the President of Curaleaf Florida and the SVP of Retail Operations for Curaleaf, this role will ensure consistent and timely communications across all channels of the organization, increase patient count/dispensary revenue and profit, drive a sales culture, expand profile in the marketplace and deliver consistent and exceptional patient care.
- Drive a sales culture to achieve or surpass sales goals.
- Provide operational leadership to multiple dispensaries, with strong understanding of the market and patient needs.
- P&L and budget responsibility for each dispensary.
- Motivate, coach and manage dispensary team members to create a passionate environment and contribute to patient count growth.
- Manage Regional Dispensary Managers and their teams to set and achieve strategic goal
- Overall responsibility of each dispensaries operational start up and timelines.
- Collaborate with Regional Dispensary Managers on hiring and training all dispensary employees.
- Ensure that the dispensaries operate legally and conform to all established state and local regulations.
- Ensure all licenses and property leases are up to date and work to ensure compliance and renewals.
- Examine the day to day operations of each dispensary and collaborate with Regional Dispensary Manager’s to improve performance in sales and service.
- Ensure proper store inventory and merchandising.
- Cross functional collaboration with Marketing, Education and Patient outreach, Physician outreach and Compliance on new products and packaging based on patient and market feedback.
- Evaluate overall employee performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics. Conduct yearly performance reviews of all dispensary employees.
- Oversee patient support and deliver world-class patient and physician experience.
- Frequent travel within the State of Florida is required, up to 100%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 10 years’+ experience in multi-site management of business or medical service facilities operations with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
- Strong management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, customer service, budget preparation, employee relations and human resources.
- Outstanding people skills, organizational skills and a passionate leadership style.
- A high-touch, visible leader who can establish instant credibility and inspire the team.
- Demonstrated track record in driving revenue and increasing profitability.
- Solid business and financial acumen and reporting skills.
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and hands-on approach.
- Experience in the medical marijuana industry not required, but a plus.
- Ability to pass a background check and a valid driver’s license is required.
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer