Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Parallel Warehouse Associate will be responsible for warehousing, inventorying, and shipping logistics for inventory items. This position works closely with Parallel’s Warehouse Manager. Warehouse Associate’s must have a clean driving record and expected to operate heavy machinery throughout the duration of the shift.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Operate adequate material handling equipment (for example, forklift)
- Enters data in inventory and logistics software programs
- Responsible for welcoming and processing of incoming and outgoing delivery trucks
- Receives and tracks shipments, embarks merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools, accommodates and carefully handles fragile merchandise
- Tracks and documents exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Tags and labels merchandise according to size and shape
- Boxes, wraps and packs merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Prepares all orders for shipment
- Records and manages all impaired or damaged merchandise items
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Class E Driver’s License (Required)
- Must hold a valid Florida Driver’s License (Required)
- Previous work experience working in a warehouse environment or similar work environment (Strongly Preferred)
- Forklift Operation Certification (Preferred)
- Hands on experience with inventory and logistics software programs (Nice to have)
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping, strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and time management abilities
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Proficiency in Windows-based software and other technologies (i.e. Internet)
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight as needed, can communicate effectively with associates and vendors and can function well as part of a team
- A Team Player that can solve problems (challenges in the workflow)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity: an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Hand and eye coordination with extreme attention to detail.
- Being exposed to extreme hot and humid temperatures throughout the duration of the shift.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.