Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Parallel Warehouse Associate will be responsible for warehousing, inventorying, and shipping logistics for inventory items. This position works closely with Parallel’s Warehouse Manager.
Warehouse Associate’s must have a clean driving record and expected to operate heavy machinery throughout the duration of the shift. This position will also help in the office with order processing and packing PT’s bags.
- Welcome and process incoming and outcome delivery trucks.
- Receive and track shipments.
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools.
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise.
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times.
- Tag and label merchandise.
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape.
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Prepare all orders for shipment.
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items.
- Operate adequate material handling equipment (for example, forklift).
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs.
- High school diploma or Equivalent Education (G.E.D)
- Class E Driver’s License Required.
- Must hold a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Able to communicate effectively with associates & vendors.
- Able to function well as part of a team.
- Comply with Parallel’s current policies and procedures and applicable state and local laws and assist in the development and upkeep of Parallel’s Delivery Standard Operating Procedures.
- Forklift Operation Certification is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Warehouse environment.
- Hands on experience with inventory and logistics software programs.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Great organizational and time-management skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced warehouse logistics environment efficiently.
- The ability to lift items 50lbs. or more.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching for things on shelves with assisted ladders throughout duration of the shift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.