Warehouse Associate – Surterra – Tampa, FL
As a Surterra Warehouse Associate you must be a minimum of 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, pass a background check and a Drug Screening. This position works closely with the Warehouse Manager and must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor. The Surterra Warehouse Associate will be responsible for warehousing, inventorying and shipping Surterra’s Inventory items.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome and process incoming and outcome delivery trucks.
- Receive and track shipments.
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools.
- Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise.
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times.
- Tag and label merchandise.
- Ability to lift more than 20lbs and stand for long periods of time.
- Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards.
- Prepare all orders for shipment.
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items.
- Operate adequate material handling equipment (for example, forklift).
- Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs.
- Anything else your supervisor may ask of you.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class E Driver’s License preferred.
- Must hold a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Ability to navigate efficiently.
- Conscientious and dependable.
- The ability to lift items more than 25 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Able to communicate effectively with team members.
- Able to function well as part of a team.
- Comply with Surterra’s current policies and procedures and applicable state and local laws and assist in the development and upkeep of Surterra’s Delivery Standard Operating Procedures.
- Forklift Operation Certification will be considered an advantage.
- Previous working experience as a Warehouse Worker.
- Hands on experience with inventory and logistics software programs.
- Great physical stamina and manual dexterity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.