Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Location: Quincy, FL
The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the receipt, dispatching and storage of merchandise in our warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, packing, shipping and administrative functions. You will oversee, train, evaluate and reward staff. You will ensure the maintenance of company assets.
To ensure success you need to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and perform your duties in a manner that maximizes profits. Top applicants are dedicated, competent and have strong leadership skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing security operations.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring safety of staff.
- Motivating and disciplining staff.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Using the ERP system (SAP) to receive raw material and ship finished products
- Perform customer service duties as necessary, maintaining good relationships with shipping companies and clients who are receiving goods.
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- Proficient computer skills (SAP is a must).
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and ability to multi-task successfully
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Must have a deep understanding of mechanics and functions to maintain a climate control system
- SAS experience a plus.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age, per state law.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks
- Must be able to handle organic matter daily, able to wear PPE as appropriate (eye, face, hand, arm, head, foot, body, fall protection), and able to be exposed to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions while wearing PPE (95 degrees or greater)
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace