How To Get A Med Marijuana Card In Florida
Florida – Medical cards in FL for MMJ are state issued identification card that enables a patient that have a doctor recommend the purchase of THC & CBD Medicines from a registered dispensary, or MMTC, for medicinal use in the Great State of Florida. The video below answers How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Florida. As a resident of the state, the process on how to get a medical marijuana card in Florida is as follows:
Patients May Be Entered Into The Florida Office of Medical Marijuana Use Registry If:
- The Patient is diagnosed with an approved qualifying medical condition by a doctor or physician that is certified in Florida to determine if medical marijuana is an appropriate treatment.
- Patients and/or their Caregivers will then be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry by their Certified Marijuana Doctor.
- When you have been entered into the Registry, your physician will provide you with your Patient Identification Number. You will need this to apply for your required Registry ID Card.
How Much Does a Florida Medical Card Cost?
- $75 – The Department accepts applications from patients and legal representatives. Patients must be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry by a qualified physician to receive a card. Applications may be submitted online through the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, or mailed to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
How often do I have to see my Doctor?
- Your recommending Doctor can write an order for 70 days of cannabis with 3 refills. Many Doctors will refill without an in person visit. Once the 3 refills have been completed (210 days) you will need an in office visit with your Doctor for another renewal.