Marijuana Qualifying Conditions – Florida
MMJ is legal for medical use for patients with one of the following “Debilitating Medical Condition” which means:
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- A terminal condition diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification.
- Chronic nonmalignant pain.
- Other debilitating medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those enumerated, and for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient.
Certified Medical cannabis physicians currently must meet the following requirements:
- must have an active, unrestricted license as a doctor or osteopathic physician
- must complete 8-hour online course and examination. provided by the Florida Medical Association and the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association. Successful completion of the course is required each time a physician renews his or her license.
- Please click on the following to take the required course: http://www.flcannabisce.com/
- after completing the course (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™), you are required to verify your license with the Compassionate
Florida Marijuana Patients:
Florida MMJ Patients will need to get a Physician certification from a recommending doctor.
“Physician certification” means a written document signed by a physician, stating that in the physician’s professional opinion, the patient suffers from a debilitating medical condition, that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for the patient, and for how long the physician recommends the medical use of marijuana for the patient. A physician certification may only be provided after the physician has conducted a physical examination and a full assessment of the medical history of the patient. In order for a physician certification to be issued to a minor, a parent or legal guardian of the minor must consent in writing.
***The Average Cost to visit a Certified Prescribing Doctor is $175-$225 for the initial visit and $100-$150 for the follow up visit. Please be aware of these costs prior to filling out the patient registration as a doctor may be contacting you shortly.***
Florida Medical Marijuana Patient Registration