How to get smokable marijuana added to your doctors recommendation in Florida
On March 18th, Governor DeSantis signed Senate Bill 182 into law effective immediately. This allows a qualified doctor to determine that smoking whole flower marijuana is an appropriate route of administration for treatment.
The Board of Medicine, Board of Osteopathic Medicine, and the Joint Committee on Medical Marijuana are meeting in early April to start the process for the new informed consent forms for doctors.
Instructions on how to get smokable Flower/Bud added to your doctors MMJ recommendation.
1. Contact your doctor – Your doctor has to add to notes under inhalation section if they deem warranted. Your recommending doctor needs to add “Recommend patient for smokable cannabis/yes.“
2. Then he/she needs to needs to add a start and end date not to exceed 35days. So if it starts on March 22, it goes until April 26. 35 calendar days. 2.5oz maximum
3. Go to a dispensary, currently Trulieve, and MMJ patients can buy up to 20 packages every 35 days, and can only possess up to 4 ounces at one time.
Doctors offices have been receiving large amounts of calls about getting smokable marijuana added to current patients recommendation. Here is the update:
- The Florida DOH requires patients to see the doctor in-person to be eligible for access to smokable marijuana.
- Patients cannot submit a change order request themselves, or call the doctor to get this route added over the phone.
- Current Florida MedCard holders are advised to wait until the next follow-up appointment to see if you meet the updated state guidelines for this new treatment application.
- New patients, find a doctor here.
Current Consent Forms For Smokable Marijuana
For assistance amending an existing MMJ certification to include smoking, or creating a new certification, qualified physicians can call 850-245-4657 and choose Option 2.
Dispensaries selling or able to sell smokable whole flower in Florida
Being pioneers of the Florida MMJ market, Trulieve has stepped forward first again. Smokable whole flower marijuana is now available at the 34 Trulieve locations, being sold in 3.5 gram bags.
Florida medcard holders can have up to 20 packages every 35 days, can only possess up to 4 ounces at one time.
Curaleaf followed suite shortly after becoming the second MMTC to sell bud in its raw flower form. The full list currently allowed includes:
Check out the current Trulieve whole flower products here.
Why is smokable marijuana now legal in FL?
The whole point, which the Governor identified as the will of the voters is it is missing the entourage effect that comes with smoking. Below headlines Governor Ron Desantis signing smoking weed into law, the entourage effect, can smoking actually be good for you to shine a light on the newest developments.